Monday, August 27, 2007

02 : When I'm Sixty-Four

I think I've bitten off a little more than I can handle with this one, buoyed by my success with "Five Foot Two" I looked for another fun song and thought that the chords in "When I'm Sixty-Four" looked simple enough. But my first stumbling block was the transition from G to G7, I had troubles moving my fingers between these two chords. To help I practiced those two chords back and forth outside of the song, which has definitely helped.

My next problem was the line "Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm sixty-four", there are 6 chord changes in that one line and to do it at speed caused me no end of frustration. I'm still a way off of mastering this song and if I had known the difficulty I would probably have left this one until later. The chords for this song can again be found at Doctor Uke's excellent website.

I have a few other songs that I'm planning on checking out which are around the 3 chord mark just so that I can add more songs to my repertoire, I will list them here for reference as a reminder to look into them :-
Walk of Life - Dire Straights
One Hand in My Pocket - Alanis Morissette
Johnny B Good - Chuck Berry
Louie Louie - The Kings Men
Wild Thing - The Troggs
Get Back - The Beatles
Jambalaya - Hank Williams

If you know any other easy ones please let me know :)

No comments: