Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eno ET-3000 Chromatic Tuner Review

At some point you're going to get tired of tuning up your ukulele by ear, especially considering how often you're going to have to do it. It took me about a week before I was looking for chromatic tuners on ebay.

I chose a chromatic because they work for any type of instrument and not at a set note like some of the guitar tuners out there.

After a little browsing I came across the Eno ET-3000, what I liked about it was :-
1. It was cheap ;) - I spent £10.98 including postage
2. It was small.
3. It will work from either vibrations (by clipping it onto the head of your ukulele) or from its built in microphone.
4. Did I mention it was cheap :)

I found it very easy to use, clipped it onto my ukulele, set it to chromatic mode, twanged the string and it told me what note I was trying to play and whether it was flat or sharp. It has a little needle to show what side of the note you are. When you have the desired note the screen changes from red to green and obviously the needle will point straight up.

Its very easy for me to recommend this and can't think of any downsides. If I was pushed to come up with any I would say that the display is a little hard to read in sunlight being of the LCD type and secondly it uses those little lithium button batteries which I imagine are easy to find on places like ebay, saying that it did come with a spare :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the Gogo Tiki uke clip-on tuner. Works great on mine.